As you know, I tend to track the traffic on my blog to see what’s resonating, what’s not, and generally, the uptick in traffic each day. I’ve really enjoyed seeing the views increase, and finding and/or “meeting” more and more great bloggers. This has truly been an enriching experience for me this year, and it’s engrained in my daily routine, without a doubt!
I thought I’d take a peek at the posts that seemed to get the most traffic, and post a few of the findings here (what can I say, that’s the innner PR geek in me coming out!!), to see what your take is, and what some of your favorite posts may have been (if you recall them!).
Top posts this year:
- When I’m feeling down: By FAR, this is the most popular post ever – and does tend to skew some of the traffic on my site, as I get a lot of results for “Calvin & Hobbes!” But, it is a fun post, and it makes me smile. Sometimes there really is nothing like a comic strip chuckle, or for a particular strip to remind me of a fun childhood moment. Yearly total: 3,825!!!
- “Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” – I LOVE that this was my top post (beyond my “skewed” C&H post!) as this was what I posted on the day my divorce became final. Re-reading my post, I can feel where I was mentally, and I just felt SO good. I can’t even describe. Yearly total: 385
- “Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – I’m finding that many of my top posts are quote Friday posts, which is awesome, because I look forward to my quote Friday posts quite a bit. I always seem to trip across one that just fits that particular week, and this week’s post was no different. Yearly total: 361
- Who I Am: this is my “about me” post – and re-reading it now, it reads so much differently, in a way, about who I am NOW vs. who I was THEN when I wrote this post last February! Yearly total: 344
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away” – I wrote this post on the very first night of our trip in wine country and it truly captures the amazement of the trip, and of taking risks and just going for what I want – perhaps a selfish motive, in some ways, but it was exactly what I needed. That trip is forever engrained in my brain and hands down, probably one of the best trips of my life! Yearly total: 251
As for my personal favorites this year? Well, there are quite a few posts that I re-read now and the words surprisingly blow me away a bit. Why? Because I tend to write my blogs without re-reading them to truly capture my feelings stream-of-conscious, and sometimes when I go back and read them, I realize how poweful some of them are (not tooting my own horn, in any sense, just in terms of revelations I have, sometimes without even realizing their power.
However, a few of my favorites are…
- “That’s what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.” – This is a guest post written by my sister, and while each of my three guests posts that week were amazing, this one got me, in part because of the quote I used. It simply captures how I was feeling at the time, and sometimes, how I still feel.
- My Nonna – by far, one of the hardest posts I wrote this year. It was the morning she passed away, and I wrote this from the heart, and cried my way through it, bawled, tears streaming down my entire face, chest, and body. She was amazing, and will never be forgotten. Some of this post made it’s way into her eulogy, parts of which my sisters and I delivered, which also make this post extremely special for me.
- “In life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” – this post makes me smile, because my sisters are my foundation, especially this year. And, this quote is just so perfect, and captures exactly what sisters should be – the best part of the cookie!! 🙂
Clearly, I could go on and on, but I won’t 😉 I hope you enjoyed my recap as we head into the home stretch of 2009. I, for one, am deliriously excited for 2010 (and almost just as excited to get the holidays started!!)! More blogs, more revelations, and more happiness to come.
Okay, I lied. There’s one more post I truly love, and again, it’s based on inspirations from my Nonna. One of her favorite sayings was “era escrito cosi il libro del destino” which, in English, means, “look in the sky. whatever is written in the book of destiny, you can’t change.” Truly, I have nothing more to say than that – because those simple words capture the essence of her, and of how we should base our mindset in life – whatever happens…is meant to happen…don’t question it, embrace it, live it, love it. And that’s exactly what I’m doing. For my Nonna…in many, many ways.