Wow. A year of blogging. From my first post – I’m getting divorced – to now, so much has changed, in so many ways, and I don’t really even know how much more I can capture it than I have lately…and I feel so much pressure to make this post extremely riveting, moving, and triumphant, but at the same time, I feel my recent blog series did just that, and today, I just want to revel in all that blogging has meant to me.
I’ve posted on this topic before, but blogging has become such a huge part of my life, there are a few more reasons why I love to blog:
- I uncover a-ha moments: while I tend to usually have a topic in mind for my daily posts, sometimes I just start a post and just write, and as I write, something sparks and an a-ha moment comes out. It’s organic, not forced, just happens, and I always learn something amazing, big or small, as a result, and it feels rewarding.
- I learn so much from reading others’ journeys, whether it be dating, divorce, post-divorce relationships, or just plain daily struggles of life. I read a LOT of blogs – probably at least 50 (not all post daily, or it’d be a full time job!) and while I have my favorites, I love every perspective I read, even if I don’t agree with it.
- It’s amusing. Plain and simple, there’s some funny people out there, you know who you are!
- It’s part of my daily routine, and I hope to see that continue (whether it be daily posts, every few days etc, in the future, I’ll post as often as it feels natural. Nothing forced.
- I love to re-read some of my favorite posts, and add more to that. I have a handful of faves that continue to be my faves…something about capturing a thought and re-reading it and being right back there.
And, in recapturing it all, some stats worth sharing:
- In 10 months, 20,000 hits.
- To date, just shy of 35,000 hits.
- Highest hit day? 558! Damn. (Feb 4, 2010)
- In 2009, 20,500 hits.
- In 2010 already, almost 14,000.
- I read and track at least 50 blogs, most of which are on my blogroll and read every post, as much as I can.
- 367 posts to-date, basically one post a day, once in awhile, two.
Of course, stats aren’t the most important thing, but in seeing how many views I’ve had, the amount of blogs I read, and the amount of people reading and commenting, I feel touched, blessed and so glad that I decided to blog. I’ve learned so much, I’ve chronicalled so much of my life over the past year, and captured a lot of amazing moments that I’ll never forget. Thank you for joining me on the journey, and it continues – enjoy the journey, not (necessarily) the destination.
PS – for those looking for a date #2 update – check last night’s post – it’s updated 🙂