So, I’ve been here a total of two days (give or take) and haven’t had a ton of time to do much besides work (and kick ass at a presentation – we rocked it, thankyouverymuch!), but have a few parting thoughts on my adventures leading into Bloggers in Sin City (check out that attendee list; getting there this evening, and can barely sit still!).
- Room service rocks. Seriously. It’s the first time I’ve ever had room service (I know, probably crazy that I haven’t before, right? But it was exactly what I needed to unwind last night after my meetings. Check out the super tasty fruit plate I got for dessert (to go with my glass of wine of course, which oddly enough, cost less than the water I ordered to the tune of $9. oops)
- I wussed out on the dinner alone. Maybe tonight before I take off for Vegas? We’ll see… I guess that means there’s still plenty of growth for me in this alone-ness department (not that I’m not surprised) and if I had more time here, I would have and should have done some sight-seeing. But, I think I’ll be back out this way in another month or so, so all good, right?
- There are way too many cute boys at the airport and on flights. What’s up with that? Why can’t you be places that are easier to strike up a convo, than 15 rows ahead of me on JetBlue, or crossing ways in the airport? Help me out here, guys!
- It’s been oddly enjoyable being on my own the last 24 hours as the rest of my team flew home yesterday. I’ve enjoyed the solace, I’ll tackle the cab to San Fran solo (not my favorite thing, but I’ve adjusted! I’m all grown up now! ha), and maneuver between airports (San Fran, then Long Beach, and finally Vegas!)
- I’m really looking forward to BISC this week in Vegas and meeting new people, and continuing this thing called getting-out-of-my-shell. Sometimes it’s easy to just stick with what you know, and who you know, rather than branching out, and though I’ll be rooming with some soon-to-be-fab-blog friends (yay!!) and my BSF, my goal is to introduce myself to people, learn a lot, laugh a lot, and have a damn good time.
There were a few other points I wanted to make with this post that I thought about as I drifted off to sleep last night (quite peacefully, I might add, without my kitties waking me up all night!), but alas, I can’t remember them. If I do, I’ll update this post.
Now, onward to VEGAS !!
Also, check out this post from Mandy, she makes some GREAT points about money, and grappling with one income vs. two after divorce. It’s a good read, really hits home after my blog on being broke the other day, and doesn’t just necessarily relate to those that have gone through divorce. She sums it up greatly here: “I think my life is 80 percent richer and 20 percent poorer for being more mindful about money.” AMEN sista.